DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
Flat 4, 507 london Road, sheffield, s2 4hl
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who is Jonny’s Apothecary?
Jonny’s Apothecary is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do I process your personal data?
Jonny’s Apothecary complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
I use your personal data for the following purposes: -
· To enable me to formulate a prescription that is relevant to the consultation
· To administer patient files/notes
· To send you appointment notifications or reminders
· To contact you to change an appointment
· To seek a progress report on your condition
· To send you relevant medical information in relation to you and your health
· To send you invoices and/or chase money owed
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations of service (i.e. The prescription) in relation to the consultation. Medical herbalists are advised to keep accurate and up-to-date records of consultations by their professional associations.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will not be shared with a third party. Contact information will only be used by me for the purposes of engaging in communication in relation to appointments or your health.
Your herbal prescription, date of birth and contact details may be shared with the other herbalist that works here with me in the event I am not available to dispense a prescription. I may sometimes use your information to contact other healthcare providers (GP or Hospital specialist). If I need to do this I will explain why and seek permission from you always. You can cancel your permission at any time.
As a medical herbalist sometimes data has to be shared with the police, military or health service ‘as a duty of care’. This is only in extreme incidents (i.e. sectioned under the mental health act, terrorism etc.) when you are a threat to yourself or someone else. The only other occasion would be due to a court order.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
In accordance with the requirements of my insurer your records shall be kept for at least 7 years following the last occasion on which treatment was given. In the case of treatment to minors records will be kept for at least 7 years after they reach the age of 18. After this time I may securely destroy or erase your records if I believe they are no longer needed.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
· The right to request a copy of your personal data which Jonny’s Apothecary holds about you;
· The right to request if personal data has been destroyed [Only applicable after I have kept your records for 7 years, in which case I will destroy them anyway if it is deemed you will never return as a patient]
· The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means].
· The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable)
· The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing
If I wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then I will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, I will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact:
Mr Jonny Woodall
507 London Road
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.